Thursday, December 23, 2021

Surviving the Christmas Rush

     We rushed to the nearest ATM and shopped after attending the 9th year death anniversary lunch of a relative. We went to the nearest grocery in town and though not surprise, it was crowded with everyone frantic for their Christmas Noche Buena. We joined the crowd to get our monthly grocery supply while I saw everyone picking up goods for their Christmas dinner. It seemed we were the odd one out there.

     When we had our grocery cart filled, we queued for the cashier. All were long queue and we had no choice but settle for the shortest possible. I was on the long line when one of the staff came to me, seeing me with cane, and asked me if I am senior citizen. I said no but told him my sister is. So he took our cart and led us to a new cashier counter being opened. I was truly grateful for the guy and I was the first one he found. My walking cane did the trick.
This cane helped us pull through the long Christmas queue

No comments: