Sunday, October 13, 2024

Paris

    Eleven years ago today, I was in Paris for a quick trip prior to my global marketing meeting and training in Belgium. It was my one and only solo trip abroad. It was a learning experience for me too. I took a train from Schipol Airport in Amsterdam, Netherlands which took almost four hours if I remember it right. Arriving at the train station early in the morning, I took some time to walk around as my hotel would open only at twelve noon. What happened outside the train station was an eye opener for me. A black girl snatched the iPhone of a Korean tourist who just came out of the station like me. He frantically shouted trying to chase the girl luggage in tow. The police was able to nab the girl, a teenager, and returned the phone to the Korean tourist. An efficient police, I thought.

     For two days I roamed around Paris, traversing famous street such as Rue La Fayette, one mentioned in many novels I've read. I visited famous landmarks such as the the Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysees, Notre Dame among others. I searched for Hard Rocke Cafe Paris to buy caps for my American friend who is into collecting HRC caps.

     I did a trip, it was longer out of the city center, to the Louvre Museum, something I only see in movies or read in books. I won't forget this trip.At the Louvre

     After my Paris sojourn, I had to go to Antwerp, Belgium for our global marketing meeting cum training. Finally, I had to go to Louvain-la-Neuve to our global laboratory for technical training.

No comments: