Monday, May 9, 2022

2022 Philippine Election

     I voted for this year's election kind of nostalgic because the last time I voted locally was 1986. After that, I became an OFW from 1993 to 2019 thus I  voted overseas although not in all the elections.
Indelible inked finger 

     The last time I voted, it became invalidated in some way because the 1986 People Power overthrow the regime of Ferdinand Marcos Sr. I was a college student then and I seem to have been influenced by the elites' thinking thus from then on I supported the Aquino administration. Then I went abroad to work and saw the political systems in those countries, and saw the responsible media in Malaysia and Singapore. I had to be back home after I had a stroke unfortunately.

     This is the first election that I voted not as an OFW. I saw the campaign this time, and decided who to vote just to make sure not any of the co-horts of the Aquinos come into power again because 1986 to 2016, the country didn't improve. So in 2016, I was OFW then, we installed Rodrigo Duterte overwhelmingly as the country's top leader which saw a lot of changes and minimizing bureaucracy. Thus preventing the yellow to hold power is a must otherwise the positive changes initiated by Duterte will all go to the drain. It has to be continued. I voted for continuity. I know about half of my friends are all out yellow, pro-Leni, while another half are for BBM-Sara.

No comments: