Sunday, February 11, 2024

Dragon Year 2024

     Yesterday was the new year in the Chinese lunar calendar and it's the year of the dragon. My 30 years of working in Malaysia and Singapore had exposed me to the Chinese tradition of Chinese New Year. It is a holiday in the Philippines but still, the practices of the traditional Chinese are not as prevalent as in Singapore and Malaysia where the Chinese population is much, much bigger.Happy Chinese New Year 2024

     I miss the traditions that I was exposed to during the 30 years I was working there. It's a two-day holiday but since most of the companies are locally owned, they had longer holidays, although I only get two days off as I worked in multi-national companies. I was usually the one working as my Chinese colleagues were on longer holidays.

No comments: