Tuesday, February 20, 2024

What A Gloomy Morning

     I am an early riser. I walk to exercise my limbs. Today I woke up to a gloomy countenance, some intermittent showers. I am unable to do my usual morning routine.It's seems so sad

     For over four years now, I have been walking about 2.5km a day each morning. I started with very slow walk accompanied by some relatives. Now I walk each morning alone as all the kids are back to school, unlike during the COVID times, they were doing modular studies at home. Walking has been my therapeutic regimen each morning and I do some stretching. I was a gym buff before, an outdoor person who loved mountain climbing, spelunking and the likes.

     I remember vividly when I woke up from my comatose in the Singapore hospital five years ago, I was unable to walk. Two hospital physiotherapists taught me how to walk again. They taught me simple basic things to do such as brushing the teeth, eating, getting in and out a car, climbing stairs and all. They were so professional at training me. I think that's happening only in expensive hospitals in the Philippines like St. Luke or Makati Med.

No comments: