Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Happy Teachers' Month

     It's the month for the teachers, those responsible for nurturing the education of the young before they plunged into bigger roles in the society. My elementary and high school teachers were my foundation. They started my education and molded me to face the struggles up to college.

     I learned my 3R's from my elementary school teachers. They were instrumental in shaping me. Then my high school teachers drew out the best in me. Aw
My teachers growing up

     In my elementary days, if there was a teacher who was instrumental in my educational growth, he was my science teacher in Grades Five and Six. Studying in rural elementary school, he would lend me science encyclopedia. I didn't know why but I would read them cover to cover. Those stock knowledge helped me a lot when I went to high school. It helped me fight the competition from students who were from the city as I was purely educated in the rural school.


No comments: