Monday, May 20, 2024

Dutch Boy

     My only job in the Philippines was with Dutch Boy Paints for about two to three years then I worked abroad for better monetary returns. I have no comparison to say Dutch Boy as a company was the best but my short stint made me feel it was among the best.

     I was with the Technical Department where I started as a paint chemist. I was so at home with the department and my colleagues made me feel at home. When I joined, there were about eight of us joining at about the same time, and we liked to call ourselves the young ones.
The young ones during my time who were so close
The Technical Department was like a family

     I learned my ABC's in paint in this company which became my stepping stone to long term career in paints in Malaysia and Singapore, although in Singapore, I challenged myself to venture into technical marketing. My last job was in Singapore for a regional managerial job in marketing responsible for promoting the use of monomer in the whole of Asia. It was a very challenging job, and my technical experience came in handy in dealing with my customers. 

No comments: