Monday, May 27, 2024

Great Wall of China

     One of the perks of working with a multinational company is travelling, especially in my last job as regional marketing manager for Asia for an American chemical company. I organized various marketing events in many cities and usually after the events, was sight seeing when the locals are proud to show what they have for the world to see. I was enjoying my job until a stroke stopped me from working.

     One time we had a road show, a marketing event providing technical seminars, in Beijing. After the event, our Chinese colleague was so nice to bring us around including the Olympic venue when China hosted it in 2008 and the famous Great Wall of China.

     We had the chance to walk a portion of the Great Wall which was swarming with tourists. It was exhausting I found out.
There were many tourists
Looks like I got tired

Seeing this sign made me realize I was defintiely in China

    In 2008, China hosted the Olympics in Beijing. We visited some of the venues which they maintained for tourism I guess.
With the huge Olympic torch
With Dr. Nootens and the Olympic rings

     The rings are colored and only yesterday I got to know the colors stood for the continents, although it has not been used by the Olympics for reason that I don't know.
Black = Africa
Red = America
Blue = Europe
Yellow = Asia 
Green = Australia/Oceania

No comments: