Monday, September 13, 2021

The GOAT not yet

     I thought the finals would be a walk in the park. I am not a Medvedev fan as I didn't really think he has the fortitude to rule the tennis world. I thought the GOAT was cooking in the pot. I am wrong. Now I feel Djokovic was drained in the five-setter semifinals.
Djokovic fighting to stay in the fight

     In the semifinals, he survived a 5-setter anti-climactic match against Alexander Zverev. For a brief moment, I thought he was going to lose. But the vintage Djokovic, proved he deserves to be the GOAT.
They had one game which lasted 53 shots

     The quarterfinal initially I thought would be tight but in the end, it was Djokovic. He captured the last three games as Berretini's challenge seemed to have fizzled out.
Quarterfinal  versus Berretini

No comments: