Thursday, November 10, 2022

Change of Heart

     When I was still an OFW in Singapore, I was very vocal of my support for Leni in 2015. That was then when I was not in the Philippines, far from the grassroots, far from seeing the realities. Now that I am back to ground zero, I can see the true realities in the rural areas, the conditions of the poor farmers mainly in the countryside. It is far from what I thought the country has become all through these years. I was a victim of the yellow propaganda

     I without doubt changed my political color. I have reached to a point I became "Anyone But Leni" although I certainly voted someone to ensure the yellow wagon doesn't come into power again. I have come to my senses after seeing the conditions of the poor. 

      Unfortunately, no one among the politicians is fighting for the poor, no one is looking at the root causes of the economic disparity of the society. A new leadership has been installed, not the yellow power, but as I see it, they are not offering a real alternative that will fight on behalf of the oppressed poor. The status quo remains.

No comments: