Thursday, November 24, 2022

Walking

     Ever since I had the stroke, walking has been part of my daily regimen. The moment I wake up, after some warm-up stretches, I go on for a walk.
The village road I walk each morning

     Walking here brings back a lot of memories when I was growing up and schooling as a pupil in the next village, the bigger school. It was unpaved still and every day I would walk to school to attend my classes, in slippers. Today I met students walking in their shoes, I think they are students of the village high school which started years after my young days. 

     Imagine this rough road, unpaved, not that today's paving is excellent (I can just guess how much the politician kicked back for this project) and I walked through it morning, noon and afternoon. It thus brings back a lot of childhood memories.

No comments: