Monday, September 4, 2023

BSKE 2023

     The country is hyped for the barangay (village) elections end of October 2023, the filing of candidacy was just completed last week. It's another exercise of unproductivity as people will be preoccupied with politics. I have lived for half of my life in British influenced countries where in their parliamentary form of government, local governments are governed by civil employees, insulated from the political tenure. With such, continuity is there and development in the local government will not be hampered by changes in the politics. In the Philippines, the smallest political unit, the barangay, will hold its elections after having been postponed two times during the time of President Duterte. 
Too much politics in the country

     This political exercises are all unproductive, even the smallest village is affected. In our poor village, the barangay captain is my niece, but she is no longer qualified to run for the chief post as she has reached the three-term limit. She decided to run for councilorship, six of them to assist the chief during the tenure. Her husband is the one running for the chief's post. I find it totally against my principal beliefs, I dare not tell them my opposition. I just wish them luck and hope they focus on truly uplifting and making a difference in the lives of the villagers.

No comments: