Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Rest In Peace Grace!

     I was shocked in disbelief upon learning that a friend, a friend's wife, passed away in the USA apparently from illness although I don't know exactly what caused it. Some say it was kidney complications, others say from UTI. I couldn't believe that she would be gone of this world ahead of me. When I came back to Leyte for good, they called me to find out of finding me. That time, I didn't let them come and see me as I was staying with my brother in his house in Marianville, Alangalang. I should have met them had I known this would happen.Rest in eternal peace

     Her husband, Leandro, is a great friend of mine in college as we were together in the school paper in college for two years. They got married when I was working abroad. I got to know her when they came to Singapore when she attended her company's conference. Her husband, my college friend met me while she was in the conference, probably meeting him twenty years after I left college. I met the wife in the evening for some sightseeing. After her seminar, I toured them around Gardens by the Bay.

     After I got connected with Leandro, we were in touch via social media. One Christmas, maybe 2017, he had a holiday in Singapore with the whole family. I let them stay at my flat as I was back to the Philippines for my Christmas vacation. I remember putting a note in the house for key things to do in the house as I was not able to meet them in person.

     Rest in eternal peace, Grace. We will definitely miss you!

No comments: