Friday, January 20, 2023

A Stranger In My Own Land

     I loved working in Malaysia for almost twenty years the most. I learned to be independent there and grew professionally especially working with a global Norwegian paint company as a paint chemist. I feel connected with my ex-colleagues, even now that I have completely retired from work. I love them so much.
My Jotun colleagues in a farewell dinner they organized when I left 
     Malaysia seems to be my second home that I know it very well in many ways. Thus coming back to my hometown after many years of being away feels so much strange and I am still struggling to fit in situations. Each morning I do my daily walk meet people on the road who recognize me but I don't know them nor remember. Not that I don't know them but they look so different thirty years ago.

No comments: