Sunday, March 24, 2024

Holy Week

     We have come to the final week of the 40-day Lenten season, the holiest week of all for Christians. It commemorates the tragic death of Jesus Christ who was condemned to death by crucifixion by the non-believers in Israel.In 2016, BGC out up an ultramodern way of the cross

     During the 40 days, Catholics do fasting and abstinence although it's entirely voluntary, unlike what Muslims do during Ramadan when it's compulsory for them to fast. The ultimate part is the Holy Week, with Good Friday on the Friday and Easter Sunday on the Sunday when Jesus Christ was resurrected from the dead. It is a religious festival of sacrifice and joy at the end.

     Last time when I was working abroad, I usually make sure I was home during the Holy Week. I brought my family to do the Visita Iglesia, literally church visits, usually seven churches. I think I did it two times with my family. It was like a pilgrimage to seven churches of our choice, praying at those churches and ending exhausted at the end of the day.The Quiapo church, one of the churches we visited in one Visita Iglesia trip


No comments: