Wednesday, July 17, 2024

City Square Residences, Singapore

     Yesterday, a very good friend from Malaysia sent me a photo asking where he was based on the photo he sent. Looking at the photo, I immediately recognized it as the first condominium residences I lived in when I moved to Singapore from Malaysia and where I stayed for four years, 2011-2014. That friend, was an acquaintance in Malaysia and became a close friend a year after when he moved to Singapore to work, and lived at the same condo without us knowing it until he moved in. Pure fate! He was meant to be a real good buddy.City Square Residences, Singapore

     I got to know him, known as my nickname's namesake Jerry, in Malaysia as one of my miscellaneous suppliers, not a key one. I came to know him in my last few months in Jotun when he was just starting in his company trading chemicals for the paint industry. I met him as supplier maybe twice or thrice, not many. Thus, I was so surprised to learn later we were staying at the same condo in Singapore a year later.

     We became constant coffee buddies and simple meal partners especially after work. We had our monthly coffee or meal dates to share market info as we were both in the commercial field in the chemical industry for the region of Asia Pacific. I was keen to learn a lot from him commercial skills wise since my background was purely technical. I was impressed with his business and market acumen. I admire him a lot for his market knowledge. We used to exchange emails on anything related to our market, especially those affecting our region. 

     I still communicate with him via electronic messages now that I am no longer working. Every now and then, we would WhatsApp each other. I am glad to find a friend like him.

No comments: