Tuesday, July 23, 2024

High School Class 1V-Einstein

     I saw this post from a friend in my memory, a picture of my high school class IV-Einstein.Our 1985 class photo in our yearbook

     This photo triggers a lot of memories for me because my high school paved the way for my development from a rural boy to an urban fighter. I came to my high school so naive and innocent especially most of my classmates were from the city. I was shy, stayed always behind the class intimidated by my classmates who were so outgoing. It was in my second year that initiated me to the world figuratively, when my Biology teacher chose me among others to attend a regional science camp in Ormoc City starting August 21, 1983. 

     That experience began the inevitable, the innate intelligence began to shine and led me to top my class when we were in third year onwards. Third and fourth years saw me topping my class, excelling in Science and Math especially. A classmate from the city who was among the brightest in the earlier years said "the natural intelligence came out" when i topped the class beating all of them from the city.

    I won't forget those four-year experience in high school that saw me fighting until I was at the top of the pack. The fact that I hail from the rural village in the countryside made my triumph even more meaningful.

No comments: