Friday, September 2, 2022

Great Asian Railway Journey

     I watched this series of Michael Palin Great Asian Railway Journey although I didn't see all the episodes. I happened to watch the episode showing Singapore, used to be my base before stroke left me out of work.
I miss Singapore

     I truly miss working in Singapore. I personally think it is such an ideal place to be. It is very modern, progressive yet it has maintained the traditional buildings, food, and culture. It is a country with very low poverty and crime rate. It is so rich a country. 

     The show showing the famous places in the island and Sentosa indeed drove me to miss my life there from 2011 to 2019. It's unfortunate stroke sent me back to my rural Philippines. I miss the orderliness and cleanliness of the country. I still truly believe this is due to good governance and the people follow and respect the laws of the land. It is so unlike to the politics in the Philippines where there is too much democracy. It is being manipulated by the elite few, fighting with another group of elite while the majority poor are not aware about it.

No comments: