Monday, September 12, 2022

US Open 2022, Tennis

     The US Open ended with new champions. I am an avid tennis fanatic. I watched almost all grand slam when I worked abroad. This time I am not working anymore, so I have the time to see the matches. The winner for the men is someone I didn't expect. In a way, it is good for tennis with new blood at the top.
Carlos Alcaras Garfil, 19 y.o., the youngest to be no. 1

     He defeated  Casper Ruud, Norwegian, now the new world no. 2.  I personally was rooting for the Norwegian having had worked previously with a Norwegian paint company.

Iga Swiatek strengthened her no. 1 rank

     In the women's, Iga Swiatek ruled and established her no. 1 ranking  and this is well deserved.

     What a real surprise for me was the women's junior champion who happened to be a Filipino. Although I heard her talent in tennis, I didn't expect this early for her to win. I hope she carries this all the way to the women's category. She is the first Filipino to ever win a grand slam.
Alex Eala, a Filipino, won the  Women's Junior

No comments: