Friday, September 2, 2022

My First Trip to the US

     I was in the US five years ago for a company meeting. It was eventful as it happened when hurricane Harvey landed in Houston, where our meeting was originally set. It was moved to Atlanta, Georgia.

     On my way back, I had options for alternative routes as my original ticket was returning from Houston. I settled to pass through San Francisco and a chance to meet my high school classmate in Sacramento. He came all the way to San Francisco airport to bring me around.

     My classmate and friend Nilo brought me to see the famed Golden Gate Bridge. It was surreal seeing it in person, something I used to see only in books or TV or movie.
With Nilo at the Golden Gate Bridge

     Then we went to the world's crookedest lane. At Lombardi Street

     He brought me to see the Palace of Fine Arts, my friend being an art afficionado.Palace of Fine Arts

     Before he sent me back to the airport to resume my flight back to Singapore, we had dinner at Pier 39. Enjoyed American lifestyle

     It was a brief moment but I enjoyed my quick visit to San Francisco. Had there been no hurricane Harvey, this would not have had happened.

No comments: