Saturday, July 29, 2023

Eat Bulaga

     It's the 44th year anniversary of the controversial Eat Bulaga of GMA 7, making it the longest running noon-time show although in different TV channels. The erstwhile hosts, the famous Tito Vic and Joey(TVJ), have a fight with the management TAPE, the producer, which is still an on-going court case. TVJ started the show and the name but TAPE is clever to patent the name making them the rightful owner. It's still a case in dispute. It is run now by a new breed of hosts which made me watch it as I was never a fan of the old EB. The old hosts started their new show at another channel.
The fresh hosts attending the GMA Gala last week

     I watch the new EB, with fresh hosts, something different from the usual noon-time shows, the competing It's Showtime and the new E.A.T. hosted by TVJ from old EB. I never liked TVJ as well as Vice Ganda, main host of It's Showtime. I am turned off by their remarks that are often demeaning and unprofessional. Watching the new breed of hosts seems like a departure from the usual type and I see their sensitivities towards the audience, both live and on TV.

     They launched their new theme song. It's alive, fast and uplifting. I like it.

No comments: