Sunday, July 23, 2023

Women's World Cup 2023

     I got introduced to World Cup men's football when I went to work in Malaysia, coming from the Philippines where football seems unknown as the local people are hooked with basketball and NBA. Ask them anything about the NBA and they know.

     Currently there's a World Cup for women hosted by Australia and New Zealand down under. I found out that the Philippines was going to play Switzerland so I marked my calendar to see the live match on TV. Regular world cup matches is on pay-per-view(PPV) channel but the Philippine match was covered by the local sports channel thus I was able to watch. I didn't subscribe to the PPV as I'm not really a football buff.The sad result 

     I was banking on the Philippine football team as I watched them in some Asian football championship where they emerged as runner-up, even if I found out later that all players are not home-grown talents but are of mixed origin such as the US, Europe and Africa.

     To my dismay they lost lamely to the Swiss team. I regret wasting almost a couple of hours watching their game. 


   

No comments: