Monday, October 24, 2022

Bowling

     I grew up not engaged in any sport being a poor kid in the Philippine countryside. We were more focused on how to survive. When I went to high school in Tacloban City, I focused more in leading my team during intramurals, the organizer of players for whatever sports.

     When I had the chance to work in Malaysia, probably when times got better, I started to see the benefits in engaging in sports. I learned to jog after work. I swam at the public pools after work. I am an outdoor person and I learned to climb and camp in mountains with friends.

     I played badminton for the first time in Malaysia, one of the leading countries in the sports. I learned the basics when I was working with Revertex Malaysia. I learned to play tenpin bowling too. My former company Jotun Paints had annual tournaments among the departments. 

     Bowling came when Oil and Colour Chemists Association(OCCA), my professional organization, held annual tournaments among the member companies. I learned to play for the team. I even had my own bowling ball. I was not the best but my skill was honed as I constantly practiced. It is such a sport that requires peace of mind, calmness and focus. I have loved this sport.

Bowling for fun in Hexion

     I used to play with my colleagues in Hexion after hectic meetings in China. It was an avenue for us to release the tension and pressure.
My Hexion colleagues having fun


No comments: